So, I weighed in this morning. I’m 203, which means I “gained” .4 pounds. I’m not worried about it. My pants are fitting better, I feel great. 🙂
So! Today, the high is 37, and it won’t be all that great the rest of next week either, minus Sunday, but it’s supposed to rain, so that doesn’t count.
All I know is that it’s supposed to be 21 tonight. Um, no thank you! Where is my beach weather?! I KNOW it’s winter, but, I’m not used to this cold any more! This kind of weather is where I make a giant pot of chili with beans, make grilled cheese sandwiches with Velveeta cheese, and snuggle on the couch and watch movies with a nice fire in the fireplace. That just doesn’t work any more. I guess I COULD make chili with no beans, and just put real cheese and sour cream in my bowl and make grilled cheese for the fam.
I’m going to share my newly favorite “warm food” (which is what we call Chili!). It’s called Stroganoff Soup. It’s DELISH!! I borrowed this from Kyndra over at Peace, Love, Low Carb. I prepped everything in my cast iron skillet, then transferred it to my crock pot.
- 32 oz beef stock
- 10 mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 Tbs garlic, minced
- 3 Tbs butter (I used MUCH less, more like 1 Tbs)
- 1 1/2 pound steak – sliced thin (I cut mine in about 1/4-1/2 inch thick slices)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbs beef bouillon granules
- 2 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbs Italian Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped (or about 1 Tbs dried)
- 1 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- Heat slow cooker on high setting, add beef stock and mushrooms, cover.
- In a large Saute pan, over medium heat, saute the onions and garlic in butter, until translucent and soft. Add to slow cooker.
- Using the same pan, add the steak into the pan and sear it on both sides. About 1-2 minutes
- To the slow cooker, add steak, heavy cream, sour cream, beef bouillon granules, Dijon, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, and salt, then mix.
- Cover and cook on high for 6 hours.
12 1 cup servings with 4.5 net g of carbs!
It’s a GREAT way to gave something warm and delish on a cold night.
I hope you all are doing well, staying warm, and losing weight!
Monday I’m starting yoga, and possibly starting to work out with my Wii Fit Plus again! What changes are you making, if any, the beginning of this new year?