So, first off I want to say that I sometimes really suck at blogging. I get busy with one thing or another and blogging is the first thing to go!
Have no fear tho! I am still here! Still plugging away. I PROMISE that I will post my weight tomorrow. (Last weeks was 193.2 btw)
So today I was having a sweets craving. I have been for the last couple of days. I’m not sure why tho. Yesterday I quenched this by taking a shot of HWC with a couple packets of Splenda. It worked but it was HORRIBLE tasting! LOL It was SO sweet and kinda gritty because the Splenda didn’t dissolve in the cream. BLECK!! But id definitely worked!! So, when they kicked up today, I just decided that I was going to do something about it.
I made macaroons!!! Oh my goodness they are DELICIOUS! I found the recipe on the LowCarbFriends forum.
- 1/3 cup Almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (I think I added a little more I didn’t measure)
- 3/4 cup Splenda (I’ll admit… I only used half cup)
- 1 Tablespoon butter – melted
- 2 2/3 cup unsweetened flaked coconut (Mine was fine shred)
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (I omitted)
- Blend together almod flour, baking powder, and salt, set aside
- Beat together eggs, vanilla, and almond extract (if using) until foamy, then gradually beat in sugar
- Add butter
- Gradually add dry ingredients to egg mixture and mix well
- Fold in coconut (At this point I thought mine looked a little dry so I added a little HWC)
- Drop mixture by rounded teaspoon, about 2 inches apart, on greased baking sheets
- Bake at 325 for 15 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges
This makes about 1 1/2 dozen cookies or so, and is about 36g of carbs for the entire recipe.
This is one of those recipes that is REALLY dangerous if you don’t have self control. They are SO delicious! I’ve had 4 since they came out of the oven. I’m going to put the rest of them in a ziplock and into the freezer they will go!
I hope that everyone else is doing well on their journeys!